Employees are the most important asset of any organization. Unfortunately, not all organizations are able to implement policies that take into account the employee experience and welfare. In a survey conducted by Gartner, it was revealed that 56% of employees expect to be treated at work the same way that customers are. There has been a shift in recent years with more employers looking after the welfare and satisfaction of their employees. This is best exemplified in the rise of the employee experience platform.
What is an Employee Experience Platform?
Before diving into the benefits of an employee experience platform and why your company needs one, it is important to understand first what this platform does and how it works.
As the name implies, EX platforms are designed to improve employee experience at work. This platform is designed to identify key employee touchpoints and to assess any potential issues throughout the employee’s journey. It is worth noting that there are many types of this software solution and there is no one-size-fits-all approach to improving employee experience.
The use of an employee experience platform is viewed as the next viable solution among HR professionals. They are looking to exploit the use of technology in order to replace outdated and antiquated policies that no longer fit with the modern workplace.
The term “employee experience” is more than just a buzzword in the HR industry. It is one of the most powerful tools that employers can use to keep employees satisfied and motivated.
What can a company do to improve employee experience?
One of the best solutions to improving employee experience is to invest in a software solution that can simplify the flow of work in the office. This is increasingly challenging in today’s workforce industry given the rise of remote and hybrid work models. Improving the digital experience of employees through an innovative software solution is the best way to address any issues and to prevent future issues from arising.
Here are some of the easy and proven strategies to boost employee experience at the workplace.
Ease of Communication
Communication is one of the secrets to a successful relationship. This is true in the employer-employee relationship model.
A lot of employers spend time communicating with stakeholders, managers, and customers. Employees are often left out of the equation. But if you wish to succeed and to make employees more engaged, communicating with them is one of the best solutions.
Easy Feedback System
Encourage your employees to speak out with an efficient feedback system. This will let them feel that they are being listened to, making them feel valued as their needs are taken into account.
Moreover, take time to assess their feedback and implement it if you see that it will be beneficial to the organization. Don’t sweep it under the rug.
Focus on Fostering a Positive Employee Experience
Implement regular training to invest in employees’ learning and development. Promote a fair hiring process. Provide adequate support during the onboarding process. These are just some of the things you can implement for a positive employee experience.
Avoid discriminating in all aspects of your workplace. Make everyone feel included. After all, a diverse workplace is bound to make employees more satisfied and motivated.
Promote Meaningful Work
Provide employees with tasks that are fit for their skill set. Encourage autonomy too, so that you can show your employees that you are confident with their ability to complete certain tasks. This can overcome common workplace issues such as the micromanagement of tasks.
If you are looking for the best employee experience platform to invest in, make sure that it has features that facilitate any of the above. It is also worth taking into account any specific issues you have at work and finding solutions that can meet them.
What are the benefits of an employee experience platform?
Why do you need to add an EX platform into your organization’s technology stack? And, is it worth the investment? Here are a few benefits you need to know about.
- Increased Employee Engagement – Poor internal communication and lack of organizational alignment negatively affect employee morale. With an EX platform, you can promote higher employee engagement with a robust array of internal communication tools that make employees part of the development and implementation of company strategy.
- Boost Team Collaboration – Empower employees to collaborate with their co-workers with tools that facilitate real-time collaboration, even for those who work remotely. This makes it easier for team members to connect with each other and stay on top of any progress on existing projects.
- Give Employees a Voice – This is one of the best ways that an EX platform can improve the experience of employees – by giving them a voice. The chosen platform must have an efficient feedback system or a way for employees to raise concerns as they arise. Employees must also feel free to ask questions when needed. Another way to do this is to send out employee surveys. This will enable management to get a pulse on what the employees feel and to implement policies that are beneficial to them.
- Improve Employee Digital Experience – Not all employees are digitally savvy; some are even forced into learning how to use technology with the new setup. Make it easy for employees to adapt to the remote and hybrid work model by equipping them with various tools that help to get the work done.
- Promote Employee Advocacy – Employees who are satisfied and happy with their work environment are more likely to become ambassadors of your company. Take full advantage of this benefit by implementing policies and providing tools that make employees feel valued and motivated. It is also important to recognize employees that excel through reward programs, competitions, and leaderboards.
- Improve Employee Analytics – Use the EX platform to collect and analyze data that provide valuable insights when making critical business decisions that directly impact the employees.
The benefits above are not guaranteed. Again, not all employee experience platforms are the same. Your ability to identify and assess your employees’ unique needs and matching a solution for that is the key to success.