CardioLog Analytics for SharePoint 2010 includes new reports and an enhanced interface to help large and mid-sized organizations maximize ROI for SharePoint deployments.
In recent years, organizations from all sectors have invested exorbitant amounts of money in the set-up and implementation of enterprise portals. Yet, most organizations lack information regarding portal activity and data that could be used to make portals more effective. Conventional web analytics tools — including Google Analytics — fail to satisfy this requirement, precluding organizations from obtaining true visibility into and control over their portals.
SharePoint 2010 Functionality
CardioLog Analytics, which has been in the market since 2005, offers significantly more functionality than standard web analytics solutions, and CardioLog Analytics for SharePoint 2010 is a vast improvement over the analytics capabilities that SharePoint 2010 offers out of the box. To ensure that customers are maximizing the return on their SharePoint investments, CardioLog Analytics for SharePoint 2010 enables users to drill deeper into portal page views, visitors, search and navigation, and to easily track portal growth and goals. For example:
- Content and Views – Content reports are based on CardioLog’s familiarity with the portal’s content and structure and include metrics such as page views, top pages, time on page, peek days and hours, inactive sites and pages, document viewing, and more.
- Portal Visitors – Thanks to its client-side tracking mechanism, CardioLog Analytics offers information about anonymous and authenticated users and their browsing patterns. Reports include unique users, visits, browsers and OS, time on site, bounce rate, returning visitors, loyalty, and more.
- SharePoint Search – Search activity is monitored by CardioLog’s specialized tracing agent. Search metrics include number of searches, top phrases, failed searches, who searched, search origin pages, search results activity, and more.
- Site Navigation – Browsing within and out of the portal is monitored by CardioLog. Reports include navigation paths, entrance paths, referring pages, referring keywords, external destinations, landing pages, exit pages, and more.
- Audit and Administration – CardioLog offers many administrative reports which provide information about document audit and portal growth, such as content size, portal inventory (types, extensions), content owners and editors, document and item actions, unmodified sites and documents, and more.
CardioLog Analytics is used heavily today by large and mid-sized organizations in the financial services, government, education, healthcare, manufacturing, and entertainment industries. For example, Pfizer, the Fortune 40 pharmaceuticals giant, replaced WebTrends with CardioLog to monitor the performance of its worldwide “Farms” portal. Additionally, the Molson Coors Brewing Company switched to CardioLog Analytics from Nintex to provide analytics for its global intranet. These deployments have helped to improve employee, customer and trading partner productivity, and satisfaction.
As portal technology has become a key customer, partner and employee communication vehicle in the largest organizations, portal analytics solutions have achieved significant status among IT and business leaders. CardioLog Analytics for SharePoint 2010 gives users more portal intelligence so they can make smarter decisions regarding staffing, computing resources, employee travel, content development, and customer and partner relationships.